Saturday, May 20, 2006

'Music of the Night' by V.C. Andrews

When a friend of mine recommended me this book, she advised me to not read it on a train or other public place because I will need a lot of tissues to wipe my tears with. According to her, if I will not shed a tear while reading this book, then I am an 'empty, cold-blooded freak'. However, three pages before I turned the last page and close the book for the last time, I wasn't even feeling sad.

Let me summarise the book for you (because I do not recommend it to anyone who count time as precious): a girl falls in love with a boy, grandmother doesn't like the boy, the boy dies, the girl loses her memory, grandmother puts the girl in mental institution, the girls falls in love with another boy, girl remembers the dead boy, girl kills herself.

And I read the book in Lithuanian. I wouldn't have liked it if it was in English and reading it in my first language didn't help.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home